Taking time to find web app ideas is also a good start because you know what? It’s a fact that software development is one of the most profitable industries nowadays. Besides a great plan, vision, and mission for our future business, we have to appreciate the ability to come up with new concepts.
If you are looking for an idea for your upcoming startup, why don’t you go through these 5 potential web app ideas with people at Designveloper! Let’s start with…
1. Ordering and delivery app
Modern problems require modern solutions, and this type of app comes to rescue busy people like us. Thanks to these convenient tools, users needn’t go to stores to choose goods and items. What’s more? Your selections will be delivered within hours or even less.
Food delivery apps would make a good example here. They help connect local restaurants with customers who want to have a meal without the hassle.
This is how food delivery apps run:
- User orders food from a restaurant via app.
- The restaurant gets the notification of the order and then prepare the food.
- The shipper picks up the order and delivers it to the customer’s place.
As a food lover, I deeply regret not figuring out this type of app earlier. Not only does it handy and convenient in terms of time and payment methods, but many food orders and delivery apps also many food orders and delivery apps offer bunches of discounts to its users. As a result, no more worried about traffic jams and short break times, all you need to do is just to lay on your comfortable chair and waiting for the food.
Some success delivery apps worldwide:
- Delivery Hero: valued at $3.1 billion.
- Food Panda: raised $318 million.
- Grubhub: had approximately 6.75 million active users.
- Just Eat: generated the revenue of $155.5 million in six months.
Their main types of monetization:
- Delivery charges from customers and restaurants.
- Advertising: charging money for marketing on their platform.
2. Dating web app ideas
Time flies and the way of how people explore romance is changing too. Gone are the days when couples meet each other through friends or family or in school. They use apps instead.
According to the Times’ Wedding Announcement section, 93/1000 couples listed in 2018 find their spouse on dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, Coffee Meets Bagel, Happn, JSwipe, etc.
It’s hard to believe that nearly 50 million people worldwide have tried using dating apps. But to be honest, everyone needs love, and dating apps come in very handy in the world of busy people. As a result, we don’t even have to guess why this type of app is hot and one of the most profitable web app ideas in 2019.
Let’s see how it works:
- First of all, users upload their information and photos onto the dating app.
- The dating app uses its matching algorithm to help users who share common specifications meet each other.
- Users communication with their newly-found partners through apps and see if he/she is that special someone.
Below are some common dating apps and their achievements:
- Tinder: the most popular dating app in the US with 10 million active daily.
- Coffee Meets Bagel revenue has surpassed $10 million on iOS.
- Grindr has more than 30 million members worldwide.
Their main types of monetization:
- Affiliate network.
Read this article to know how businesses Develop a Dating App.
3. Healthcare app
As everyone starts giving serious attention to their living conditions, especially their health, the amount of healthcare app is increasing day by day. In 2018, the industry was estimated to be worth US$28.320 billion. And let me tell you that the potential is still there to take the risk.
There are various types of healthcare app. It may be designated to serve patients themselves or assist doctors, nurses or physicians.
However, we cannot executive your web app ideas if you are not aware of many restrictions and regulations related to the healthcare industry such as “Code of conduct on privacy for mHealth apps” or HIPAA and HITECH.
Here are 5 tips to build a profitable healthcare app from Designveloper’s experts:
- Do not rely on only developers, experts from the healthcare industry are really important.
- It’s essential to define your target customers carefully.
- Focus on a significant feature (or more).
- Know and understand industry’s restriction, data security & other regulations.
- Consider if you want to create a whole ecosystem for your business.
Some mHealth apps and their achievements:
- Epocrates helps patients find drug information as well as describe different diagnosis. This app has been downloaded more than 1 million times.
- UpToDate works as an assistant to doctors. The app will double-check medical information to answer medical-related questions with evidence-based answers. UpToDate is used by more than 1.5 million clinicians around the world.
How do they make money from this type of app?
- In-app purchases: premium content, features, etc.
For more detail on this topic, please visit Healthcare App Development: 5 Things You Should Know.
4. Ride-hailing app
Ride-hailing apps like Uber, Grab, GoJek, etc. have been around like forever, so why do we need another one? Because the market is still potential, especially in urban cities where the demand for traveling around the town is always high.
Let’s look at the potential of some countries from Asia and other major countries:
- Vietnam: Market revenue: $722 million, total users: 5.2 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 15.8%, expected market volume by 2023: $1.3 trillion.
- India: Market revenue: $29.333 trillion, total users: 167.7 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 8.8%, expected market volume by 2023: $41.059 trillion.
- Indonesia: Market revenue: $5.325 trillion, total users: 25.7 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 14.7%, expected market volume by 2023: $9.209 trillion.
- Thailand: Market revenue: $1.037 trillion, total users: 4.8 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 24.1%, expected market volume by 2023: $2.461 trillion.
- U.S.: Market revenue: $49,597 million, total users: 66.1 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 11.7%, expected market volume by 2023: $75,403 million.
- Germany: Market revenue: $1420,9 million, total users: 5.31 million, annual growth rate of market revenue (2019–2023): 14.2%, expected market volume by 2023: $2,390 million.
The way these apps work is pretty simple:
- User sets up their current location and arrival place on the app.
- The ride-hailing app takes the request and looks for the nearest driver.
- The chosen driver picks up the user and gets them to where they need to be.
Thanks to this simplicity, customers have another way to go around. Furthermore, we could go cashless by paying with cards or e-wallet. And the most convenient thing is that the user can catch a drive in less than half a minute. As a result, the ride-hailing category is one of the most profitable web app ideas.
Below are some successful ride-hailing apps in the market right now:
- Grab has more than 36 million users worldwide.
- Uber recorded 5 billion rides during its 7 years of running.
- Lyft valued at $15 billion in 2018.
How these ride-hailing apps make money?
- Charge fees on users and drivers.
Are you looking for tips on how to develop this type of app? Read here.
5. Booking and traveling app
If you love traveling then a hotel-booking app must be the item that is opened the most often. Thanks to these apps, travelholics can opt-in for their accommodation based on various criteria such as check-in and check-out time, place, price, amenities, etc. with just a few clicks. Besides, hotel-booking apps also offer many promising deals (last-minute deals, discounts, etc.) and travelers can save up to even 50%.
In case you are looking for one of the most profitable web app ideas then this is a pretty good one since the number of travelers keeps increasing every year and the demand for this service will never fail our expectations.
Below are some numbers and figures related to the hotel-booking app industry:
- Around 350 billion mobile app downloads are expected by 2021.
- 70% of travelers have done travel research on their mobile phones.
- According to Criton, 74% of guests would use the hotel app if their favorite hotel would have one.
How do these apps make money?
- Hotel advertising.
- Charge fee on hotels.
We hope this article will help you in finding your web app ideas and make them come true. And in case you already had a concept, then tell us now, because experts at Designveloper can’t wait to realize that idea for you!